There aren’t a lot of NFL stadiums that boast their own landscaped tailgating area, but University of Phoenix Stadium isn’t like other stadiums. With a translucent retractable roof and a fully retractable natural turf playing field, the stadium is a beacon of modern technology, innovation, and creativity. The home of the Arizona Cardinals offers fans a truly memorable experience that they can’t get anywhere else in the NFL.
At A Glance:
Do you have season tickets at Levi's Stadium? Consider joining our waitlist for ticket give-a-ways and free account management tools. (Click Here)
Who: University of Phoenix Stadium is the home of the Arizona Cardinals.
Where: University of Phoenix Stadium is located about 16 miles west of downtown Phoenix at One Cardinals Drive, Glendale, Arizona 85305.
What: The Stadium is widely considered to be one of the best stadiums in the NFL. Sports Illustrated named the venue the “NFL’s Best Playing Surface” in 2008 and “Best New Venue of The 2000s.” The retractable roof is the fastest in the NFL, fully retracting in just 12 minutes. The stadium also features the first fully retractable natural turf playing field. The natural turf can be removed through an opening on one side of the field to make way for concert seating without compromising the integrity of the playing field. Once outside, the natural turf field becomes part of the 25-acre Sportsman’s Park that surrounds the stadium. Fans can also enjoy the 8-acre landscaped tailgating area inside Sportsman’s Park, affectionately called the Great Lawn.
- The stadium was originally named Cardinals Stadium but naming rights were acquired by the University of Phoenix in 2006.
- The stadium has 63,400 seats, all of them completely unobstructed.
- The stadium was named one of the “10 Most Impressive Sports Facilities” in the world by Businessweek. It was the only American facility on the list.
- University of Phoenix Stadium cost $455 million to build.
- The building was designed by Eisenman Architects and HOK Sport.
- In 2007, the stadium was named “Event Site of the Year” by Event Solutions Magazine.
- The first preseason football game played in the arena was against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Cardinals won 21-13.
Private Lofts (Suites): The 88 Private Lofts at University of Phoenix Stadium seat up to 24 guests each. They feature private entrances, four flat screen TVs, private restrooms, easy access to the Gila River Casinos Club Lounge, a wet bar, and a refrigerator. Accommodations are modern, and catering is available in-house.
Party Lofts: University of Phoenix Stadium features three party lofts. Cardinals fans can purchase just as many tickets as they want, but the lofts accommodate up to 124 guests. All party lofts have flat screen monitors, wide cushioned seats with cup holders, private bars, washrooms, and access to the exclusive Gila River Club Lounges.
Field Boxes: Located near the 50-yard line on the lower level, the field boxes offer fans a way to get closer to the action while maintaining an air of luxury. The Field Boxes give fans the convenience of direct access to the main concourse and restrooms with the personal touch of flat screen monitors and innovative catering options.
Food & Drinks:
University of Phoenix Stadium offers classic fan favorites, like hot dogs and fries, but you can also find more creative entree choices throughout the concourse. For instance, head over to Wings of Honor in section 107 for some chicken and waffles. Or pick up some street tacos that were originally reserved for club patrons only. If you’re thirsty, reach for a Coca-Cola, since the brand has exclusive pouring rights.
What To Do When You Visit:
Take a Tour: The stadium’s expansive walking tour covers 1-mile of terrain over the course of 75 minutes. On the tour, fans can see the Cardinals Hall of Fame wall, NFL Visiting Team Locker Room, TV & Radio Broadcast Facilities and Press Box area, and private suites. The tour also includes a video presentation of the stadium’s construction.
Shop: The Cardinals Team Shop is located on the main concourse and is open year round.
Be A Designated Driver: The “Good Sport” Designated Driver Program at University of Phoenix Stadium encourages people to act as designated drivers by presenting them with a coupon for a free non-alcoholic beverage. Designated drivers can also enter to win a grand prize at the end of the season.
Tailgate: Four hours before kickoff, take your car to Sportsman’s Park and celebrate with your friends and family in the designated tailgating area.
- University of Phoenix Stadium has 14,000 available parking spaces.
- Parking passes for onsite stadium lots are $40.
- On game days, parking in stadium managed parking lots is restricted to ticket holders with existing permits.
- An “Uber Zone” makes it convenient for fans to get to and from the stadium via car sharing services.
- There is a designated ride and limo pick up/drop off location on 95th ave.
Are you interested in spending some quality time at University of Phoenix Stadium and cheering the Cardinals to victory? Contact Seat Valet today to learn how you can get the best tickets at University of Phoenix Stadium.