About MetLife Stadium
If you’re a football fan in New York, MetLife Stadium is your home base, though you’ll have to leave New York to get there. Throughout the season, fans of both the NY Jets and the NY Giants gather en masse to cheer their teams to victory. MetLife is the only stadium to host two NFL teams and is one of the largest and most technologically advanced stadiums in the league. So, grab a New York-style hot dog, kick up your feet, and prepare to learn all you ever wanted to know about this monolith destination.
Do you have season tickets at Levi's Stadium? Consider joining our waitlist for ticket give-a-ways and free account management tools. (Click Here)
At A Glance:
Who: MetLife Stadium is the home of both the New York Jets and the New York Giants.
Where: MetLife Stadium is located just outside of New York City across the Hudson River at 1 MetLife Stadium Dr. East Rutherford, NJ 07073.
What: MetLife Stadium is one of the biggest and most technologically advanced stadiums in the league. Built in 2010, the stadium covers 2.1 million square feet and seats 82,000 people (about 90,000 for non-NFL events). The stadium is a favorite destination for massive events and has hosted artists like Bon Jovi, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, Bruce Springsteen, and U2. It even hosted Super Bowl 48!
Something truly unique about MetLife stadium is its ability to morph into whatever it needs to become. It is the first stadium in the NFL to have removable end zones, banners, and flags, which are swapped out to match the team using the space. The building is bathed in either blue or green light, depending on whether the Giants or Jets are taking the field.
- Since MetLife Stadium hosts two teams, it hosts 20 games each season, more than any other NFL stadium.
- The Suites at MetLife Stadium were designed by the David Rockwell Group. They are also responsible for the set designs of Broadway musicals like Kinky Boots, Hairspray, and Catch Me If You Can, as well as New York staples like FAO Schwartz, Chef’s Club, and Union Square Cafe.
- Technology is taken very seriously at MetLife Stadium. Four 30’ by 118’ LED Video Boards project the game from all four corners of the stadium, giving fans an excellent view no matter where they are sitting.
- MetLife Stadium was ranked the highest grossing NFL stadium for non-NFL events in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 by Billboard Magazine.
- The stadium was designed and built in collaboration with 360 Architects, Ewing Cole, David Rockwell, and Bruce Mau Designs.
- MetLife Stadium was recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency as the leading NFL venue for carbon emissions, energy and water use, and solid waste reduction.
MetLife Stadium boasts just over 200 suites on four different levels. All of the suites at MetLife Stadium were designed by the renowned David Rockwell Group and feature some of the best sightlines in the league. Because MetLife hosts so many events, suite holders have a year-round entertainment venue. All suites accommodate 12-30 guests and contain multiple flat panel TVs, a wet bar, a refrigerator, private restrooms, and a Private Suite Holder entrance and lobby.
Food & Drinks:
Nothing says “football” quite like a hot dog, and nobody does hot dogs quite like New York. Football was meant to be played in the home of Nathan’s hot dogs and fries, Local Pizza, and New York Delicatessen. Concessions are subject to change, but you can count on hearty American food to fuel you through the game.
If you have special dietary needs, you will still be able to dine on classic NFL fare. MetLife Stadium takes care to offer gluten free, kosher, vegetarian, and vegan choices to its patrons. They even have non-alcoholic beer!
What To Do When You Visit:
Take a Tour: Tours at MetLife give fans an opportunity to get up close and personal to some of the most premium locations, including the Commissioners Club, Coaches Club, and luxury suites. Of course, no tour is complete without a walk on the field. Step onto the walkway of Giants (and Jets!) and take in the incredible views that your favorite players get to see every week.
Be A Designated Driver: Guests over the age of 21 who pledge not to drink at the game get a free non-alcoholic beverage and the chance to win a trip to the Pro Bowl or the Super Bowl!
Shop: Since MetLife Stadium hosts two teams, you can stock up on NFL gear. Just be careful which sweatshirt you wear out the door and which one you tuck away in a shopping bag. You don’t want to accidentally represent the wrong team during a playoff game!
- MetLife Stadium provides private parking for 28,000 cars.
- If you’re arriving by mass transit, you will have an easy door to door commute of 20 minutes. Simply board the train at either New York Penn Station or Newark Penn Station.
Are you interested in spending some quality time at MetLife Stadium? Contact Seat Valet today to learn how you can get a personal seat license from MetLife Stadium.