Seat Valet is a sports startup that provides news, community, and information for fans and season ticket holders. Through our network of websites we offer customized news and season ticket information.
Location: You can live and work from anywhere
Description: We are looking for talented writers with a passion for professional sports and a deep understanding of what American fans think. An ideal candidate would show a broad knowledge of multiple sports.
Here’s the game plan:
- We pick the stories, but suggestions and story pitches from are also appreciated
- We provide a source or a basic “roadmap” for the story
- You conduct research to find additional sources and facts that pertain to the story
- You craft 250 to 750 original words of sheer, unadulterated creativity (and humor)
- Our starting rate is $15 per article. Each story will typically require 45 minutes to an hour, pieces that entail in-depth research will be paid accordingly.
- Topical research for story ideas as assigned by the editors.
- Initially we’ll be focusing on NFL, but hope to expand to MLB and NBA over time.
- Build articles based on factual arguments, humor, and historical perspective
- Receive constructive feedback with a goal of writing the best copy
- Top notch communication
- Ability to keep to deadlines and schedules
- Know more about sports than is healthy
- Adapt to the frequent changes at a growing startup
- Love of writing and healthy relationship with grammar
- Be funny, but the kind of funny that other sports nerds will laugh at
- WordPress experience is mandatory
- Experience with other news outlets is a huge plus in our book